Sunday, May 16, 2010

So Little Time!

AHHHHH!!!! I'm 31 weeks. That means I have six weeks left until I am considered full term. At that point I will be off of bed rest and the doctor will not do anything stop labor. LABOR! I have to give birth!! Panic! Panic! Panic!

In an effort to help ease the panic that has been setting in, I sat down to make a list of the things that need to be done. Lists help, right? Yeah, no, not so much. Take a look at what needs to be done in the next six weeks.

Things to do: (in no particular order)

1. Computer (our desktop died - very sad)
  • transfer hard drive
  • fix or buy new computer
2. Clean out room/organize!!
  • Donate unwanted items
  • Buy storage bins for extra items
4. Set up Nursery

5. Crib
  • fix
  • sand/paint
6. Wall Decal
  • order ✓ - it arrived a couple of days ago and is adorable!
  • apply to wall
7. Assemble
  • changing table ✓ - I woke up this morning to find Husband putting it together
  • other furniture
8. Baby Clothes
  • sort unwanted items
  • pre-wash
  • hang/organize
9. Birth announcements
  • Choose seller/design
10. Car seats
  • install
  • get inspected?
11. Bedding

12. Day bed from parents?

13. Shop for extra baby items still needed after showers

14. Pack hospital bag

15. Make playlist for hospital

16. Buy snacks for hospital

17. Meals
  • plan menu (5-10 meals)
  • groceries
  • cook meals to be frozen
18. Find pediatrician!

19. Attend childbirth and breastfeeding classes

20. Attend showers
  • Write thank-you notes
  • Find hostess gifts

PANIC!!!!

Let's talk briefly just about item number two on the list. Normally this wouldn't really be that big of a deal, but let's recap shall we? We moved in to our current place just prior to our big bed rest debacle. I am now on bed rest with no obvious end in sight. Husband works 12+ hours a day. Mr. Chatner helps where he can, but really at this point we're lucky we even have our dishes unpacked! The only reason our main living area looks even remotely presentable is because Husband was kind enough to move all of our boxes out so that I'm not completely humiliated when we have guests (bed rest makes you super popular in the church communities, if you want friends you should try it some time). So where did said boxes get moved? Yep, you guessed it. Baby's room! He's not using it.

In an effort to make sure my readers get the full impact
of the task that is ahead of us (really ahead of Husband) I am willing to share with you a glimpse into the cave also known as Mr. Chatner's litter box room.
Sadly, that isn't even the half of it. If I could get a more panoramic view you would find more boxes to the left as well as a closet jam packed full of miscellaneous items. *sigh* Just looking at this picture is stressing me out. How will we ever get it all done? I don't have time for this bed rest nonsense! Seriously ridiculous. Oh and when I said Mr Chatner helps... well you judge for yourself...


P.S. I also have a long list of books I need to read as well as a long list of items that need to be packed for the hospital.

P.P.S. Running in to your OBGYN at Pizza My Heart is awkward.

1 comment:

  1. That list just sent me into a panic as well-prompting me to make my own list. :-) I hope you're able to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete