Saturday, May 8, 2010

30 Week Survey

How far along: 30 weeks. Whoohoo, out of the 20's!!!!

Total weight gain/loss: +20lbs :( When the nurse weighed me yesterday I must have made a face (or I may have groaned) because she said "It's all baby honey! Don't worry!" God, I hope that's not all baby!! I mean, I'm no medical professional, but I'm pretty sure the baby is only about 3lbs, then there's a few pounds for the uterus, amniotic fluid, placenta and breast tissue. The rest? The pregnancy books like to call it "maternal stores." As if that makes it sound prettier. What do I call it? Fat! Thank you baby!

Maternity clothes: Yes, definitely.

Stretch marks: Still nothing yet. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Sleep: the combination of trips to the bathroom, intense back pain, round ligament pain, and contractions doesn't make for a very restful night. To add to that, I have now started waking up with an insanely stuffy nose and a dry mouth. Turns out this isn't a lot of fun.

Best moment this week: Eating that delicious grilled chicken sandwich. Mmmmmm! Oh! Also my iced decaf caramel macchiato - Heaven!

Movement: Yes, and lots of it. He's quite the little spaz.

Food cravings: I want Chili!

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Unfortunately, many contractions, all the freaking time. Thus, the bed rest.

Belly Button in or out: I think it's in belly button limbo. The top half is kind of poking out and the bottom half is still very much in.

What I miss: Walking without pain and regular coffee.

What I am looking forward to: Another week with my little man safe and sound inside my belly.

Other Updates: I went to the OB yesterday and she did another exam and fetal fibronectin test. All looks good. The test came back negative which means we have at least another two weeks. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment