Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nursery Progress

If you are expecting some pictures of a a half-finished nursery you're out of luck. Let's not forget I'm on bed rest here. In fact, if I were to take a picture of the "nursery" now you would see a room full of boxes and a litter box. So for now all of the progress is in my head. Really that's half the battle though. Without planning, baby blue would end up sleeping in one of the boxes. Hey, if it's good enough for Mr Chatner...

Here's what I have so far:

We will be using my old crib by Jenny Lind. The plan is to sand it and paint it yellow, either light yellow like this Land of Nod design


or a more vibrant yellow like this one found on the design site ohbeedoh


For the bedding we (my mom) will be making a set inspired by this fabric


And for the wall I think we will be using this decal from etsy seller PopVinylStudio



with the owl and branch in blue and the leaves either in green or yellow and obviously not the name "Lucas Henry" underneath.

So there you have it, a sort of plan. Now how to get it all done in the next six or seven weeks? Looks like Husband has some work ahead of him. :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your plan! It is going to be beautiful! Weezy too has a Jenny Lind crib and every time I walk into her room I congratulate myself for my good taste! Jenny Lind is just so classic! Can't wait to see finished pics!

    ReplyDelete