Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Survey of Sorts

How far along: 27 weeks exactly

Total weight gain/loss: ummm... +16lbs according to the doctor. I had a massive 9lb weight gain between 20 and 24 weeks, but since then I haven't gained anything.

Maternity clothes: Yes, definitely. I am sending the husband off to buy me more maternity tanks since they have now become a staple in my bed rest wardrobe. I have confidence that with clear enough instructions he can do it!

Stretch marks: Not yet.

Sleep: See "Adventures in Sleeping" post below. Today I actually slept in until 9:22, woohoo! Yesterday I was excited about sleeping until 8:30.

Best moment this week: Making it to today. Yay for 27 weeks, which according to many online sources is the beginning of the 3rd trimester. Some say it's 28 weeks but I'm going with 27.

Movement: Yes, and lots of it. He has very distinct movements too. He does a rolling move where it feels like he's turning his entire body over. Then there are the quick karate chops, very jerky and usually comes in two's or three's - chop chop! There are also the hiccups, which are very rhythmical taps. And then there's my favorite, the crazy flailing all over, kind of like he's doing some sort of dance. I imagine it looks something like Elaine's dance on Seinfeld only much faster (I actually strongly dislike that show, but that particular episode was funny). Finally, he has a more slow and steady movement, like he's just adjusting to get comfy.

Food cravings: Usually I don't have them, but this week I did desperately want a bowl of chili and an ice cold glass of lemonade. I didn't get it.

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Unfortunately, many contractions, all the freaking time. Thus, the bed rest.

Belly Button in or out: Still in. I wonder how long that will last.

What I miss: Ha! Where to start? Going to the store, oddly enough going to work, cleaning, seeing the light of day, just generally my freedom.

What I am looking forward to: 28 weeks. :)

Other Updates: None really. All is well in bed rest land. I'm still having a lot of contractions, but since they haven't changed it looks like the bed rest might be doing the trick. As long as Baby B is safe and sound that's all that matters.

For your viewing pleasure, Elaine dancing on Seinfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment