Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hungry Hungry Hippo

I am starving, ravenous, famished, insatiable... in short, I am hungry and nothing I have done has worked to ease that hunger. It must be a growth day for little baby blue. Every time I have these intense hunger pangs I imagine him all snuggled up inside my uterus, eyes closed, mouth slightly open (much like a baby bird), gently tugging on his umbilical cord saying, "Service please!" He's like a young debonair Cary Grant pulling the service cord to alert the servants he and his guests would like to be served. Except my little man is a bit more greedy than the beloved Cary Grant. Cary Grant shows a little self-control. He gently tugs on the rope once and waits patiently for the food to arrive. Once it arrives, he dines elegantly, never greedy and never making demands. Clearly, the little pee monster has a thing or two learn from such a great man.

Of course, as I wait for my son to learn about patience and subtlety, my rear end will continue to expand. Today I have eaten the following:
  • Special K cereal (a big bowl)
  • cottage cheese with pineapple (again, another big bowl)
  • leftovers from dinner - orange beef stir fry with fried rice
  • two pita pockets with hummus ( a lot of it!)
And I'm not done yet! Right now I'm considering my options for yet another snack. Will it be peanut butter and honey on a rice cake? Or maybe more cottage cheese? Or maybe both! Then of course there will be dinner, followed by a late snack. Seriously, who needs this much food?? I don't believe for a second that he's taking all the nutrients in. If he is, he's going to be a 20lb baby (God no!). Let's just say I won't be surprised if there's another 9lb weight gain at my next doctors appointment. :(

Oh well, at least there's always Cary Grant! He may not be able to fix my fat patooty, but he certainly is fun to watch (maybe with a bowl of chocolate ice cream). For the Cary Grant lovers - a favorite scene from Bringing Up Baby (also starring the beautiful Katherine Hepburn):



*side note: there are an awful lot of odd video montages on youtube dedicated to Cary Grant and his many kissing scenes. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahaha!

    eat up, mama! I had a lot of popsicles on my bed rest :-)

    ReplyDelete