Thursday, April 22, 2010

The 3-Hour Glucose Test - Part I

Oh joy! Just found out the 3-hour test is even better than I thought. Not only will I have to drink the disgusting lime flavored syrup drink and then sit there for three hours, but apparently they will be taking blood when I first get there and then once every hour after that. Love it.

From a good friend of mine:

"They drew my blood before the test. Made me drink two bottles and then at the end of three hours drew it again to compare results. I couldn't eat or dink all morning or during the test. It made me super sick! But it was normal. Some women throw up. Keep it down or you have to do it again."

Another friend said she wasn't allowed to pee either. OMG, it just keeps getting better and better!

Ooooh! Needles, blood, sugar coma, vomiting, bladder spasms... how could it get any better?? If you could see me now I'd be rolling around on the floor laughing hysterically. Well not really, because I'm not allowed what with being on bed rest and all, but still, you get the idea. I can't wait until tomorrow morning. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I fainted on a city bus on my way home after, that's how it could get better : )

    ReplyDelete