Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Making A List

I probably won't be checking it twice though. As with most things/projects I plan, they usually only get about half way done, I think this might be hereditary. Just because I'm on bed rest doesn't mean my habits and overall personality are going to change, but it's worth a shot.

I've decided to start a list of things to do on bed rest, so that when I'm sitting around complaining to Mr. Chatner (that's our cat - pronounced Mr. Shatner) about how I have nothing to do, I will have some sort of proof that I am in fact lying to myself and to poor Mr. Chatner.

So here it is, The Grand Bed Rest List:
  1. Start any of the three knitting projects I have planned (baby sweater, baby hat, and socks for me).
  2. Read any/all of the baby/labor/delivery/breastfeeding books on my shelves.
  3. Subscribe to netflix and rent movies, movies, movies!
  4. Read all the Jane Austen novels
  5. Send Husband to the library for new books to read (feel free to make suggestions in the comments section - I'm out of ideas when it comes to good books).
  6. Order baby items online (I'm looking at some super cute wall decals on etsy).
  7. Play and master World of Warcraft
  8. Go get my prenatal massage - not sure if this will be ok, must check with OB
  9. And... I'm out of ideas. Crap! Feel free to make suggestions. Hopefully I will feel more creative later and will add to the list on my own.
As you can see my list is pretty sad. 3 out of 8 of my items involve reading, so really that's just cheating and I only have 6 items. If you think that list was sad though, let's check out Husband's list of things for me to do:
  1. File for State Disability Insurance - fun...
  2. Figure out our investments and how to diversify - Party!
  3. Do the filing - OMG it can't get any more exciting than that!!
  4. Read old Russian literature - zzzzz
  5. Study Calvinism - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
I'm thinking I may be giving birth to a little weirdo in three months. A World of Warcraft playing, Civil War reenacting, worry wart, book worm. Welcome to the world my little man!

3 comments:

  1. I like your list better than his.

    Cross-stitch?
    Paint-by-numbers?

    Not really, but seriously, I don't know what else you could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re his number 5: study calvinism by reading calvin and hobbes (they are actually connected)

    and I've got an entire blog of good book suggestions: http://coolkidsreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can make your guest list for your shower.

    and make fake myspace profiles and bully people.

    ReplyDelete