Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let the bed rest begin!

With 95 days to go until the official due date of our little Baby Blue/Pee Monster/Little Man, I have been officially been put on bed rest. Woohoo! Party!

As a quick recap of the last few days I will cut and paste my updates from Facebook, because although I have a seemingly endless amount of time ahead of me with nothing to do, that does not make me any less lazy. So here we go:


April 8, 2010

I'm resting at home after 4 hours at labor and delivery. I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes and am 50% effaced. The baby is fine and hopefully the contractions will stay under control with my medication.

After a second trip to labor and deliver last night the contractions seem to be under control. It looks like bed rest may be in my future.

April 10, 2010

Back from round three at the hospital after a terrible, no-good reaction to my medication. Still contracting some, but the baby looks good and is safe and sound.

April 13, 2010

It's official, I'm on modified bed rest. No work, only very light activity with the majority of my time spent resting. It's going to be a loooong 14 weeks. So, who wants to entertain me?


That pretty much brings us up to date. If you could see a picture of me now it would be... well, not very pretty. Somewhat disheveled, sprawled out on the couch with a big fluffy pink electric blanket and one large fat cat sleeping at my feet (which are incidentally covered in pink fuzzy socks, notice a theme?) If I continue to sit here in this blue tank top and maternity sweats for much longer I strongly suspect that not only will my darling husband gently suggest I take a shower, but I may begin to develop bed sores and my brain might actually begin to ooze out of my ears. Because, let's face it, there's only so much Dr. Phil a person can take. What will hopefully follow in the coming weeks will be my quest to find adventures in my own living room, to fully enjoy being pregnant with a beautiful baby boy and to not go completely crazy. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. As the grandma in this scenario and a participant in much of the 'keeping Andrea on bedrest' over the weekend I am now resting on my own couch covered with a pink fluffy electric blanket, cats nowhere to be found, and very glad that the Little Man is safe and sound and so is his mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be wanting frequent pictures from this blog.

    I am at my desk with one giant baby wrapped around my lap, and no kitties at all.

    I am excited to read the chronicles of you not going crazy.

    ReplyDelete