Friday, April 16, 2010

Bed Rest...

sucks! Just putting it out there. In case there was any confusion about whether or not this is fun. It's not. I get that once the baby comes I will not have any time to myself, but really there might be such a thing as too much time to yourself. When you can't even load the dishwasher without getting contractions, it's not relaxing and fun, it's scary and generally crappy all around. The couch is beginning to have a distinct pregnant lady size dent in it, my legs are sore from sitting all the time, our house has boxes in it that still need to be unpacked, t.v. is beyond boring, my books aren't entertaining me, whahhhhh!!!!

It doesn't help that ridiculous pregnancy hormones lurk around every dark corner. Today I've cried three times and it's not even lunch yet. The first time was while watching A Baby Story, the mom-to-be had lost her first baby and was now preparing for the birth of their second daughter. Why, oh why did I watch?! It was not pretty; tears streaming down my face, tissues littered across the coffee table, and one very concerned cat. No kitty, I'm not dying, I'm just insane.

The second round of tears happened about an hour after the first. A lovely woman from church had offered to come by with lunch and hang out for a bit with her beautiful little girl. Under normal circumstances this visit probably would have made me a bit nervous, as I tend to be somewhat anti-social and I don't know her very well. However, I was actually pretty excited about this visit. Sadly, she called to say that the little boy they had had a play date with yesterday was sick and she didn't want to risk getting me sick too. It was very thoughtful and I completely understood. In fact I appreciate her not wanting to infect me. I hate colds! Bed rest and a cold sounds a bit like my own personal version of Hell. So I was sitting there after the conversation appreciating her thoughtfulness when the tears started again. No lunch, no visitors, another day with nothing to do! Whaaaahhhhhh!!!! Seriously kitty, it's ok, I'm crazy and eventually it will pass. Right?

Then finally, because I didn't learn my lesson, I watched another episode of A Baby Story. *sigh* This time the cat just looked at me and walked away. He learned his lesson apparently. So here I am, almost lunch time with no plans for lunch and having a little pity party for myself. On the plus side I actually slept past 6:30 today. Woohoo!

And, because it makes me a little happy and I seem to be on a Beach Boys kick, here is a tune that always brings joy to my heart:



This video includes both John Stamos and Tom Cruise (pre-jumping the couch). Kind of makes me want to watch Cocktail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment