Thursday, July 1, 2010

Progress

*A quick update*

I went to the OB this morning where my blood pressure was still high. Dr. M informed me that she doesn't want me going past 39 weeks at this point. She told me that if things looked favorable in there she would go ahead and strip my membranes. She proceeded to "check" my cervix (felt like she was ripping it out) and judging from the excruciating pain I felt after she checked it I'm guessing things were favorable. Once she was done torturing me she popped her head back up and with a little glimmer in her eye told me that I was already 3cm dilated, 60% effaced and soft. Basically that means the baby is coming soon. Add the fact that my membranes have now been stripped and that means he's probably coming very soon.

So here I am, back at home, waiting for something to happen. I'm having more intense contractions, although they don't feel any more regular and very painful cramping. Like a bad period.

Here's hoping this is my last post before our little one arrives!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping for you! Seems like its about time for that little one to get out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! He's coming soon! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete