Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Pee Monster Strikes Back

Ever wonder what it's like to hold a screaming naked baby while having your picture taken? It's wet. Warm and wet. How do I know? Husband and I got the brilliant idea to do newborn photos at a local professional studio. The latest trend in newborn photography? Nudes. Not us, you dirty people!! The baby. Think sweet angelic sleeping baby, naked and cradled in his loving parents arms. So beautiful! Think Anne Geddes...



But what does it take to get those beautiful shots? What happens when you take a baby's clothes off? In a less than warm room? Never mind the waterworks coming out of his face. We're talking full on waterworks in the nether regions. And where does that pee go? Not just all over the floor, but all over one smiling Mama. Why smiling? Because I'm a professional. With a camera pointed at my face, I remain determined to get a good shot. Somehow I manage to shoosh the baby, calm his tears, get peed (and pooped) on, and still get a good picture. Interestingly enough every time Husband held the little Pee Monster he managed to get away dry. I was not so fortunate. I ended up driving home with my shirt soaked in urine and streaked with yellow poo. But at least we got the shot, right?

*A side note - G had his two week weight check with Dr. R. (the pediatrician) today. In ten days G has gained as many ounces. He has now passed his birth weight and weighs in at a whopping 8lbs 5oz. He's a champion eater!

Also, I went to see the nurse practitioner at Dr. M.'s office yesterday due to some intense pain I was having (it never stops right?). Turns out I have a lovely UTI. Yay me! So now I'm on antibiotics and hopefully this will be the end of my health issues. Hahahahahahaha!! Yeah right!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see cute pics! And at least you will have a "fun" story to tell about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take an after pic with your own camera? I feel for you... uti's are the absolute worst. I cannot even imagine handling that with a newborn.

    ReplyDelete