Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here We Go Again

Ha! You thought because the baby was here my health problems were over... FOOLED YOU!! Just because the baby comes out doesn't mean your body gets better apparently. The day after giving birth to G the problems began. I had several episodes of near fainting and extreme nausea. At first they thought it was a reaction to the vicoden, then when it didn't go away at home we thought maybe I had a virus, but then it just kept on. Now, 8 days later we are seeking answers. So, here we go again...

Today I woke up with the usual nausea and fatigue, feeling like all my limbs were made of jello, and decided to put in a call to Dr. M. Haha, she thought she was done with me! Not so fast Dr. M.! You can't get rid of me that easily. After consulting with the nurse I was squeezed in for an appointment at 11:15. This was a bit of a problem since G had a pediatrician appointment at 11:45, but I figured my health was pretty important too so off we went. G got all packed up into his car seat carrier and my mom and I were off.

After arriving at Dr. M.'s office I was taken back to be weighed and have my blood pressure taken. Not good. In 8 days I have lost 21lbs and my blood pressure was in the 130's/90's. Great. Back to the exam room. As we sat waiting I got weaker and weaker, eventually succumbing to my lack of energy I had to lie down on the exam table. We waited and waited. Baby G slept. Mom held him. Eventually it was clear that we were not going to make our pediatrician interview and after a not so quick search for his phone number on my mom's iphone, we were able to reschedule (with a $25 cancellation fee). Finally Dr. M. arrived and after a quick exam ordered a huge list of lab work. Great.

Turns out the hospital thought they were getting rid of me too. Fooled them also. We ran over to the hospital right after the appointment where they took several vials of my blood and sent me home with "tools" to collect other "samples." Good times. After coming home ( we also went to Rite Aid for a prescription of nausea meds) G and I both conked out. Oh to have my energy back. finally around dinner time Dr. M. called. It's never good when the doctor calls. Never. Dr. M. started off with the good news. This test was fine. That test was fine. Blah Blah Blah. Cut to the chase Dr. M.! finally the bad news. Two of my liver enzymes were elevated, plus something else, I forgot what that was. So what does it mean? Possibly gall stones or residual pre-eclampsia. So... tonight I fast and tomorrow I go for an ultrasound. Great.

Any positive thoughts you can spare... I really would rather not have to have surgery for gall stones and would love to be feeling myself again so I can really enjoy my beautiful little boy who is perfect by the way!

1 comment:

  1. The only positive thought I can offer is to be patient. This is not very helpful advice, but the alternative would be to throw a tantrum (which is what I would want to do) and that probably wouldn't be good for the blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete