Friday, July 16, 2010

A Quick Update

While G sleeps for a bit I figured I would post a quick update.

After fasting for 19 hours (it was only supposed to be 10-12) I had my ultrasound done at the hospital. Dr. M. was pretty good about getting back to me and thankfully everything looked fine. Apparently I have some sort of cluster of blood vessels in my liver, but not to worry, that's most likely benign. (Really I could have done without knowing that information.) She decided it would be best to repeat the blood work just to check my liver enzymes again.

I went back to the hospital today for a final round of blood work where they tried to take the blood from G (back away from the baby!). Then they couldn't find my lab order and tried to tell me that I already had my blood work done on the 14th. Um, yes... I did indeed have blood work on the 14th and now I'm having blood work done again! Imagine that!! Once they pulled their heads out of the patooties and found my lab slip they stabbed me again and sent me on my way.

At 12:00pm I called Dr. M., as instructed, to get the results. The nurses there spent some time pulling their heads out of their patooties and finally got back to me at 3:30. My liver enzymes have mostly gone down to normal except for one and it has gone down considerably. So what do I do? Take Mylanta and hope it goes away! I kid you not. That's what she said. Cool, huh?

So... that's it. Hope I feel better soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment