Sunday, June 12, 2011

11 Months (and a few days)

How is it possible that I haven't posted in almost two months? I'm thinking blog maintenance isn't my forte. Oh well. Time for a quick update. Little G-Man is not as little as he once was. We are now weeks away from the big O-N-E!!! Crazy, right?

A few stats on the little man:

Weight - about 18lbs almost 19 I think. Hard to say when don't have a special baby scale. Instead I weigh myself (ugh) then I weigh myself again while holding him.

Length/Height - About 30 inches. Pretty hard to be accurate when you have a little wiggle worm flailing all over the changing table.

Grant's latest and greatest adventures:

A Mover & A Shaker! - While Grant still loves crawling like a maniac he is also seriously considering walking. A few weeks ago he tried taking a step and had a few wipeouts. Ever since then he's been pretty hesitant. He pulls himself up, get into position and then stands there carefully considering whether or not he should attempt it. Usually he sits back down and crawls to his destination.

Talking - He talks up a storm. He says, Mama, Dada, Go, Hi, I did it, I got it, and All done. I also think he may have said Bye and possibly Thank you. It's kind of hard to tell though since he mixes the real stuff in with a lot of nonsense.

Teeth - He has four teeth that are completely in and three more that are working their way through. This means the teething monster has hit us hard. We are dealing. We are all dealing. Also, this coming Wednesday will mark G's first visit to the dentist. What they plan on doing with my 11 month old and his almost seven teeth I have no idea, but they say you should bring your little one to the dentist either by the first tooth or by the first year. Many general practice dentists say you can wait until age two or three but most pediatric dentists say that by that age most kids will have cavities.

Sleep - Honestly? We're in sleep heaven. Writing that means I'll probably jinx myself, but for the last couple of months G has slept between 10-13 hours every night. He very rarely wakes up and usually if he does he goes back down on his own. With the teething G has started waking a little early, around 6:00 or so so I usually nurse him in our bed for a little while and then if he still seems tired I'll put him back in his crib and he'll sleep until 8:00 or 9:00. As for naps, he was taking three regular naps a day but I think as of this week he is transitioning to two slightly longer naps, which is fine with me.

I am now in the process of planning the little one's first birthday party. Probably just a small family thing but it should be fun none-the-less. I'm pretty sure we're keeping with the whole owl theme (owl pinata anyone?) and have yet to figure out how to feed everyone. Any ideas on food that is gluten-free and also has a vegetarian option?

No comments:

Post a Comment